Thursday, July 17, 2008

back to school

Just a super quick entry. I meant to be better with this thing, especially now that third year has started. Here is the short of it: I ended up doing good on the boards (note that i didn't say that I rocked them out - I have three close friends that all scored in the 95th or better percentile - you guys suck). I am currently on Plastic Surgery, but unfortunately I wrap that up tomorrow. It has been a really fun two weeks, even though I am quickly realizing how dumb I am when it comes to medicine (I don't know how to write notes in charts or round on patients, but when you are thrown into things, you learn really quick).

One quick story. I sewed on a 16-yr old girls nipple today after a breast reduction surgery. I couldn't believe they let me do it - after all, she'll probably want to use that thing some day. If I say so myself, though, I think it ended up looking nice. I was in the OR for two other surgeries today also and my legs are killing me. I'm gonna see if I can milk a leg massage out of Haley tonight...fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

You guys and the nipples, Ha Ha. Justin came home the first day and told me about taking stitches out of some ladies and then said they looked good! My response was "JUSTIN!" Then he quickly reassured me that it was a 60 or so year old women. Anyway it is amazing that you guys have just been thrown into this and you are learning so much! Way to go on the boards it sounds like everyone did really good.

Maria said...

Okay Rob, I can't believe that you like the vampire books. Have you read the last one? Did you read her other book, "The Host"? I need to read your blog more often. I wish everyone in our family would keep one (including myself!).