Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Brekky, V-Day Style

Yeah, here is a picture of our buttermilk chocolate chip pancakes I made for breakfast (who says I'm not romantic?). I've also included a picture of Gob, after I let him lick some of the strawberry junk I made to put on top of the pancakes.

So, funny stories...A couple days ago, I mentioned to Andrew and Garrett that I wished they would post everybody's grade next to their name so we all knew how everybody else was doing. At the time I knew it was wishful thinking. Then yesterday, the DAY after I made the wish, one of our professors accidentally forwarded an email to our entire class that contained an excel spreadsheet with everybody's name and grade from this past test. Wow, I'm good. Oh, and there was an accompanying email, about an your later, asking everybody not to read the previous one. Of course by this time ;-), I had already opened and performed an extensive analysis on my classmates grades. It was good to see that I am in about the top 25% of my class, though I have to admit that I want to get that up a little. Nothing like a reality check on where you stand to give you a little oomph to step it up a notch. Of course, everybody in the class got the same "oomph," so we'll see how the next test goes. With the quick turnaround on this wish, I think I'm gonna ask for some rich uncle to leave me a couple mil so I can drop out of med school and travel the world. I'll keep you posted on this one.

On a side note, my truck was having starter problems the other day. I would turn the key and nothing would happen. I knew the battery wasn't dead, because it would start eventually without any problems. So, I figured it was the starter. I went and bought a new one and a book to figure out how to replace it. I figure if I am gonna fix things like brains and bones some day, I might as well be able to fix my car as well. Luckily, I am smart enough to call my dad on all things car related. He is kind of like me in refusing to allow anyone else to work on his car. I guess that's where I get it from. He put the thought into my mind that it probably isn't the starter. By this point, after talking to the guys at the auto store and researching on the internet, i was pretty sure that it was the starter. Not wanting to make an expensive mistake, however, I decided to crawl under the truck and wiggle the cables. Well, that actually worked. I haven't had any problems since.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob -

When people come to you in the future with health issues... are you just going to shake them?? We miss you and Haley here. Mostly just Haley. Take care! Tami and Lisa

Eggy said...

Thanks, I feel the love.