Wednesday, October 25, 2006

So I asked myself, "self...

From Volcan Maderas

There I was driving home when I saw this person next to me driving while doing a number of things. We all get a little peeved when some idiot is driving while talking on the cell phone. Yeah yeah, we've all seen that. Well, this person was not only talking on the phone, he was also working his iPod. Yeah, that's right, while talking on the phone. But what more, you ask? He was also fidgeting around with what looked like a GPS unit. The funny thing about this story is that it was me that was doing all those things. While this was going on, I asked myself "self, is this the best idea?" I figured it wasn't, but then again I did want to chart my way home so I could determine my average speed, change in elevation, and total trip time. And then, of course, I had to make sure that the iPod wasn't just playing any old Jack Johnson songs, but rather ones that I had previously labeled with four or five stars. And finally, I had to call my baby to let her know I was on my way home. It was a good thing I told her I loved her because that could have very well been the last time I spoke to her, with the way I was driving and all. Retrospectively, I don't think I'll do that again. Gadgets will probably be my downfall.

PS, the picture has nothing to do with my blog entry, I just like this one of Haley.

1 comment:

Calloways said...

Before you revealed that it was you I already thought...I think this is something that Rob would do. Your funny and so is your blog.