Thursday, January 04, 2007

A bad case of ADWS

From Odds and Ends
All the symptoms are there. I am experiencing sadness, cravings, emptiness, and instability. I don't know how I am going to get through the next couple days, let alone the coming months/years. I knew when I was getting involved, that the resource was limited and that I should partake in steady amounts. If I got too involved too quickly, I would go through the very thing that now plagues me. But once things got started, I couldn’t help it. I was high on good times, laughing constantly. Unfortunately, like many out there, I got involved too late. By the time I found myself addicted, I knew there would come an end. My supply was going to be cut off. I knew it would not be pretty, yet I needed the instant gratification and sense of well-being the emanated from partaking of this indulgence.


Yes, I am talking about the show Arrested Development. How I will miss Tobias' homosexual innuendos. I will miss George Michael's forays into the forbidden fruit of cousin love. Buster, I hope you get that hot nurse that was only in love with you only because you were comatose. Michael, may you find happiness in whatever you do next. Lindsay, I hope you are finally able to have that affair on your husband that you have been craving for so long. Maybe, be strong and good luck with the family signing the rights over to make a movie. Lucille, good luck in jail with the new SEC investigation. George, be strong and enjoy your retirement down in Cabo. And last, but not least of all, Gob. I hope the alliance finally lets you back in, you deserve it and so does Franklin.


And now, I bid you adieu as I go through the shakes and cold sweats associated with Arrested Development Withdrawal Syndrome.

From Odds and Ends
PS, Haley is going through an addiction of her own, CBA (Computer Boggle Addiction). Mainly this stems from the false belief that she was invincible at Boggle, until one night we played with Garrett and Hannah, who wiped the floor with our trash (or asses, as a bishop I once lived with put it). She is now determined to win back her title and is practicing every free minute she has.

No comments: