Sunday, January 28, 2007

Guns and Such

I have a new favorite gun. Now, I'm not in any way a gun person, but I challenge any of you to go shoot an AK-47 for the first time and not get a rush out of it. The event was organized by my church (who says LDS people don't have any fun?), and it just happens that one of my medical school professors also goes to my church and also happens to be ex-special forces. Yeah, he had a LOT of nice guns. I learned a lot about my personal tastes for guns. For example, a .38 caliber handgun is quite manageable. On the other hand, a 44-magnum is too much gun for me (though my professor's 12-year old son seemed to really like it--it nearly hit him in the head from the recoil after every shot). the .22 rifle seemed a bit weak. Oh, and then there was the fully automatic machine gun. I'm not sure if those are legal, so I'll leave names out of this entry. The machine gun took 36 bullet cartridges and you could whiz through those in a couple seconds if you wanted to. Of course, by the time you were getting to the end of the magazine, you would be shooting somewhere behind you from the recoil. That was a fun one. I gotta tell you, though, I really liked that AK. They say if you are ever gonna learn how to shoot a gun, it might as well be an AK-47, seeing as it is by far the most popular rifle in the world. Really, though, it is pretty sexy. Maybe I've been watching too much 24, but shooting guns is cool. I was pretty upset with myself when I realized that I forgot my camera, and for this reason, I am planning on putting together an amateur sketch of myself with the AK and posting it sometime in the next couple days.

In other news, Gob enjoys helping us with the dishes.

No comments: