Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Eaze Lock

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
11:55 PM

I like working out. Well…I don't necessarily like the working out part of working out, but rather the lifestyle benefits that come with working out (ie, not being fat, not getting winded when climbing a flight of stairs, and I think I am happier when I get my stress out by moving my legs up and down on a machine that simulates walking up stairs). Haley on the other hand doesn't like the working out part of working out or the other parts. Well, maybe she likes the other parts, but the working out part of working out usually wins and she doesn't want to go work out with me. I understand this and so when she does agree to go work out with me, so I'm not all by my lonesome, I am happy.

Today was one of those days. I asked her yesterday if she would join me and she said yes. So, this morning we head off to the Riverview park activities center for a half hour work out before our day begins. Things go well until we go back out to the car only to realize that the key I had taken off my keychain before leaving the car was actually my truck key. Yup, I locked us out of the car. I felt really bad about this both because Haley was on a schedule to get some school stuff done today and the fact that this would probably not encourage her to come with me to work out again for a while.

Luckily we have the world's best insurance company, USAA. They had someone ("Eaze Lock") out there in 15 minutes and we were on our way. Not sure yet what the ramifications of this incidence will be on our future workouts together, but I'm hoping for the best.

We had dinner tonight with some medical school friends. We had a chance to catch up on school gossip. Apparently some Biochemistry professor was caught in one of the stairwells this past week pleasuring himself and was subsequently fired. Seriously, though. There was probably a bathroom stall within 50 feet of wherever he was or at least his office couldn't have been that far away. What prompts a dude to go to town in a stairwell? Don't really understand that one.

As I try to start thinking about school, I received one of my pathology textbooks in the mail today. Amazing how the previous version of a book can save you about 80 bucks off the current version's price. I don't think that much has changed about staff infections or acne over the past 6 years. I love the internet.

1 comment:

Jason h said...

Hey! i'm going to cali this sunday.. gonna be there for a week, this is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash. later!