Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Marking territory

Tuesday, June 12, 2007
12:52 AM

So my dog, bless his heart, went to mark a little territory and instead of yellow pee falling upon the small plant, it received a nice deuce. Yup, my dog lifts his leg to coil a steamer exactly as he does to mark his territory. It is really a sight to behold and luckily it wasn't a one time affair.

In other news, I have been away for quite a while. I have had many good intentions to start back up my blog and now that summer is well underway, it's never too late. I have had so many good stories that will most likely never make it to the blogosphere. For example, my phone went off in church and lets just say that I don't have a "standard" ringtone and that the one I have on it is not exactly "church appropriate." Luckily it was at my parents ward in Spokane, WA--on the other side of the country.

But really, summer is awesome. We are loving life as our summer travel season is well underway. After Spokane, Haley and I (and Gob) headed up to the GSMNP (great smokey mountain national park) for a little Thorpe family camping trip. We nearly burned the place down with what is probably the biggest fire that campfire ring has ever seen (oh, and by "campfire ring" I really mean a giant 12' diameter in the ground pit. The fire was awesome. I'll have to post some pictures.

Speaking of pictures, that is one of my big goals this summer, go through my zillions of pictures. I may take a good one every now and then, but I also take lots and lots of really crappy ones that I need to go through and delete. Up until now I have been too lazy to get it done, but now that we are looking into decorating our house with my photography, I am starting to go through them looking for some of the goodies.

Speaking of printing things out, I just ordered this $800 color laser printer for a mere $140 after a giant $350 mail-in rebate. This thing is supposed to print our fairly good pictures, though still not quite as good as a photo lab. Should be a lot of fun to use, though.

This is such a mumble jumble of thoughts… I really shouldn't blog after being out in the sun all day. But Alas it is 1:00am and I had a crystal light energy drink which contained 120mg of caffeine (same as a cup of coffee) as well as a coke zero and diet coke within the last couple hours. My cAMP levels are all maxed out. Yes, cAMP is a medical term that only describes how technical my life now is as I make my journey through the wonderful world of medicine.

Speaking of medicine, school and the pursuit of a medical degree is about the farthest thing from my mind right now. I mean, I have pretty much totally forgot that I am studying medicine right now as I plan our panama trip, not to mention all the other trips to we are thinking of going on. We'll be in Destin, FL until Thursday. Then this weekend we are headed to Savannah to shoot a wedding reception, then we are heading up to Atl so haley can teach a class on computers. We will probably stay up there for a week before heading down to Costa Rica. After getting back from central america, who knows what we will be up to. Maybe we'll get a little sleep.

No comments: